Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Classic Ankara Dress

Hello!!! It’s been a while. I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to put up any posts in a while. Work has been hectic. I came across this picture of Yemi Akerele in this fabulous Jewel By Lisa dress and was reminded of how well Ankara has blended into the modern and sophisticated woman’s everyday wardrobe.

This dress is a neutral classic. The colors on the dress are all neutral, so it can be worn with almost any color of accessories. The fact that it is a classic means that it can be dressed up and dressed down to suit the occasion and also, it will still look on trend in the next ten (10) years. I love the bead work because it takes it out of the ordinary and makes it a head turner. It also has the added bonus of not requiring a necklace and maybe even (depending on the hairstyle), earings. These are all key elements you should consider when investing in that extra special Ankara dress that you can turn to over and over again.

I hope I helped in some little way. Please, please, please, stay fabulous.

No comments: